Time to Call My Bookie

3/17/2011

If you have ever known my brother Mark, you know that we are entering into his holy season, his favorite time of the year - the NCAA basketball tournament.  I usually tune in for the Final Four, although A&M's presence in this year's tourney will probably draw me in earlier.

There are probably only two people in the world who know less about the teams in the tournament than I do, and I live with both of them.  I decided to print out a couple of brackets and get Blake and Ava's picks.  I know that by the time I've posted this, several games will have been played already, but that's just because I didn't have a chance to get this up earlier.  Here you go...
Ava's Bracket - click for full size

 
Blake's Bracket - click for full size


As you can see,both of my children are fans of the underdogs to an extreme degree.  No #16 seed has ever beaten a #1 seed (something which both of them predict at least once), and the lowest seed ever to win the whole shebang was #8 Villanova in 1985.  Of course, nobody expected Morehouse to win in the first round this year, and Blake picked that one, so who knows...

I'll give an update on their accuracy when the tournament is finished!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Every comment is like a fresh flower, so please write!